Day 1 And so it begins...

Since today is day one it is also "Weigh Day". It is also time to set my first goal !

Starting out I am 5'4" and weigh 193
Healthy weight for someone my height is 115-140. So for now my end goal is 140. That may change as I see how well things go.

My first goal is 12 pounds by April 30th. Thats about 6 weeks and 3 days. If I lose 2 pounds a week I can meet the goal. that is easily attainable and healthy even while breast feeding. I know I checked with my sister :o) I made my first goal for 6 weeks cause I want to lose a good bit by the time Justin gets home. After this I'm not sure how I'll set my goals.

My tip for today is ... drink lots of water. I did because it is good for the breastfeeding and it turns out I ate so much less. I've always heard that sometimes when you get the munchies try a drink you might actually need that not food. Apparently they were right. I munched a lot less when I sipped a lot more.
Sorry, I'm on a time crunch and still formulating exactly what to do so I promise from now on the tip section will be better. :o)

Today was soooooo hard not to give in to my emotional eating. There was a pan full of brownies and I was very down and missing Justin badly. It would have been so easy to give in and justify it but I didn't. YAY me !!!! Those brownies were calling my name loudly though. LOL !

For exercise I'm going to start with riding my recumbent bike twice a day and when I'm doing well with that I'll switch it up to 1 video workout and one bike ride daily.
Calorie intake... When I did a consultation with my sister before getting pregnant with Colt we decided on a calorie intake of 1400-1500 to lose weight. Once again since i'm feeding the little guy I'm gonna start with the higher number and then add my 300 extra breastfeeding calories. That gives me a total of 1800. I'll play with this number as I go if necessary.

So "the skinny" for today is...

No exercise. I had some projects to finish and they took all my free time that the baby didn't demand. Plus I slept in. I couldn't sleep last night. I've never spent a night without Justin so it was hard.

Breakfast: Life cereal and skim milk plus a tangerine and 8 0z of Gatorade 250
AM snack: Apple 75
Lunch: crunchy peanut butter on whole grain and glass of skim milk 420
PM snack: pretzels 130
Dinner: Healthy Choice balsamic chicken dinner 400
Dessert: 2 Kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookies 260
Daily Total 1,535

I was short on my calorie intake today so I guess it's ok that i missed working out. However since I'm breastfeeding I really need to make sure I meet my calorie quota. I'm gonna have to add about 300 calories. The trick is making sure they are not empty ones. They need to nourish me not add weight since the only reason I'm adding them is to feed my baby well.

I feel like I'm off to a good start ! Here's to setting my first goal and hopefully achieving it!!

Peace
Steph

posted under |

2 comments:

shannon said...

Looks like you are off to a great start! And yes keeping your calories at 1800 while BF is the way to go. Add those other 300 for today:)
Your sis:)
PS. Exclusively BF burns about 500 cal/day:)You probably already know that though!

Steph @ This Organized Mess said...

Actually I did not know the exact number. Thanks Shay !! :o)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
I plan to blog about my quest to find and let out the skinny girl I used to be. I will also share tips I find along the way as well as facts and helpful hints I already know and need to start using.

About Me

My photo
I am a WAHM (work at home mom) to 3 boys! Our family also includes a crazy kitten named Yoshi. I am a nanny 5-6 days a week to 2 children. I love to paint both art and walls. Basically I just LOVE to see how creative I can be !! It does not always work out/turn out exactly the way I planned but I believe thats part of the fun. I love to decorate and rearrange my house a lot and strive to keep it functionally organizational. These things do not always work out either. So my house and life are usually messy, frequently changing, always busy and noisy but also full of love !! I'll be blogging on many topics being a mommy, organizing, crafting, redecorating. If it's crafty, thrifty and /or family friendly it will probably be here somewhere !!

Followers


Recent Comments