This is a little harder than I thought…

I had no idea that the diet would be easier than I expected and the blogging every day part would be the hardest.  I have always had so much trouble losing anything after any of my pregnancies. ( part of why I am so heavy at this point) This time it all just seems to be coming together for me and I am so grateful ! The blogging every day I thought would be so easy but life has been so CRAZY !!

So todays tip is the other half of my food schedule…

I now sit down in the morning (or the night before) and plan out my meals for the day. If i do this I know how many calories I’ll consume that day.  This way I don’t come up short in 2 ways both of which are bad.

At first I would get to the end of the day and go to total up what I ate for my blog and I would come up several hundred calories short which might be ok if I was full all day and not starving myself but not right now. Since I’m breastfeeding I really need to meet my quota. Then I realized that was no good so I’d come to the late afternoon total up what I had eaten so far, come up short and eat til I met my quota. Also not good. Even though I stayed within my limits that many calories all at once or squished close together most of them get stored as fat because you can’t burn them all that fast. Also it was the END of the day so I’m getting ready to climb in bed and yup you guessed it store calories instead of burning them cause I’m sleeping so I’m not using much energy.

If I get into the day and decide I don’t want what I had planned I just look for a substitute that does sound good at the moment with a very similar calorie content. That way I don’t have to refigure my whole day but I’m not stuck to what I wrote on my menu.

Okay not a whole lot to say here again… I have noticed again that I’m starting miss a few things. We do “family movie night” on the weekend though so I’ve decided that if I’ve stuck to my calories thru the week and exercised (formal exercise) at least twice I will let myself choose one small thing I miss as my movie night treat. Then I will also have to exercise self control and portion control while I eat it. I think giving myself this “treat” now that I’m well established in my GOOD eating habits will keep me from giving up or giving in to often. :o)

So here’s “the skinny” for today

Couldn’t begin to tell you exactly what I ate since I am playing catch up here but I’ve been writing down my daily totals.

My daily total is                 1805

 

Peace

Steph

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
I plan to blog about my quest to find and let out the skinny girl I used to be. I will also share tips I find along the way as well as facts and helpful hints I already know and need to start using.

About Me

My photo
I am a WAHM (work at home mom) to 3 boys! Our family also includes a crazy kitten named Yoshi. I am a nanny 5-6 days a week to 2 children. I love to paint both art and walls. Basically I just LOVE to see how creative I can be !! It does not always work out/turn out exactly the way I planned but I believe thats part of the fun. I love to decorate and rearrange my house a lot and strive to keep it functionally organizational. These things do not always work out either. So my house and life are usually messy, frequently changing, always busy and noisy but also full of love !! I'll be blogging on many topics being a mommy, organizing, crafting, redecorating. If it's crafty, thrifty and /or family friendly it will probably be here somewhere !!

Followers


Recent Comments