Weigh day again…

So I got on the scale this morning and …      180

Once again I am excited !!! I have now not only met my goal I have passed it by a pound AND I did it in 5 weeks instead of 6. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!!!!!    :o) 

I’m not sure what I’m going to do as my I met my goal treat. I know it won’t be food though. I made up my mind at the beginning of this journey that my goal met rewards would not be food and will most likely be something for my appearance a pedicure, new clothes , a new hair do, getting my ears re pierced etc.  “Hey I just lost 10 pounds lets chow down on a gallon of ice cream”  just seems kinda counter productive.  It would make this a ONE step forward,  TWO  steps back thing and I would eventually give up. Anyway, when I decide what I’m gonna get I’ll post about it ! I may wait til Justin gets home and let him help me decide.

And  THAT  folks is my tip for today !! DON’T make your rewards a food item !! You would do better to pick a day (mine is friday night at family movie time) and let yourself have ONE serving of something you REALLY miss… for me it’s root beer. Barqs to be specific.  :o)  If you do that you can handle sticking to one portion where if you put it off for a looooooong time and make it a reward you can’t help but eat a lot cause you missed it for so long and you feel entitled to do so cause you “earned” it. But you will also “earn” your way back up the scale.  I will pick anything I may want (cds, movies, a shirt, my new tattoo)  but I know a good bit of the time it will go toward my appearance. I want to enhance the new me cause I’m proud of the work I’m doing and the self control I now have. Plus being pregnant for almost 2 years straight I did NOTHING for my appearance. When I’m pregnant I’m to miserable to care.  :o) 

I am going to work out EVERY day this week including Saturday and Sunday because hopefully Justin will be home next weekend for 6 days and I don’t know how much formal exercise I’ll be getting in that week. I am also going to work out twice a day every other day this week.

So “the skinny” is ….  I worked out Mon.- Weds. and I worked out twice on Thursday.  Today I did yard work for exercise and it kicked my butt cause I was already sore.

I stuck to my calories all week EVERY day !!

Peace

Steph

posted under |

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey, just had to post and say I love your whole reward system,think I think I might give it a try!!! Keep up the good work!!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
I plan to blog about my quest to find and let out the skinny girl I used to be. I will also share tips I find along the way as well as facts and helpful hints I already know and need to start using.

About Me

My photo
I am a WAHM (work at home mom) to 3 boys! Our family also includes a crazy kitten named Yoshi. I am a nanny 5-6 days a week to 2 children. I love to paint both art and walls. Basically I just LOVE to see how creative I can be !! It does not always work out/turn out exactly the way I planned but I believe thats part of the fun. I love to decorate and rearrange my house a lot and strive to keep it functionally organizational. These things do not always work out either. So my house and life are usually messy, frequently changing, always busy and noisy but also full of love !! I'll be blogging on many topics being a mommy, organizing, crafting, redecorating. If it's crafty, thrifty and /or family friendly it will probably be here somewhere !!

Followers


Recent Comments